PE and Sport Premium
PE and sports premium funding
Sports Premium Funding is a Government initiative that aims to enhance and improve the provision of PE and to increase the activity levels of children in primary schools.
The amount of funding each school is allocated depends on the number of children in the school.
To find out more about this funding please follow this link
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E., school sport and physical activity increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
To find out how we use this funding at St James’ click on the action plans below.
After School Clubs
Sport after school clubs will consist of: rugby, football, netball, fit for fun. All clubs are ran by qualified coaches or members of staff. Wigan Warriors Community Foundation staff support the running of school clubs.
Working in conjunction with Wigan Warriors Community Foundation.
Race for Life
Sport’s Leaders open our Running track with Wigan Warriors and Hawkley FC. A fantastic day was had by all!
St James’ has achieved GOLD
The Sainsbury’s School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme which reward schools for their commitment to the development of PE, sport and competition across their school.
We were assessed against the following criteria
- Commitment to a minimum of 2hrs of physical education per week
- Participation in intra-school competitions (within school)
- Participation in inter-school competitions (external competitions)
- Leadership schemes
- Extra-curricular clubs
- Promotion of external providers
- Provision in place to develop ‘Gifted and Talented’ children
- Promotion of results and reports for newsletters/website
- Continued Professional Development of wider school staff to support PE
We are very proud of our award and look forward to another great year full of sport and fun!