At St James’ C of E Primary School we promote a long term healthy lifestyle that is enjoying and fulfilling. We inspire to engage our children in physical activity to extend their potential and develop a lifelong active healthy lifestyle.
At St James CofE Primary School we promote a long term heathly lifestyle that is enjoyable and fulfilling. We inspire to engage our children in physical activity to extend their potential and develop a lifelong active healthy lifestyle. We work in conjuction with Wigan Warriors and have our own Sports Apprentice.
Great News! St James’ has achieved GOLD
The Sainsbury’s School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme which reward schools for their commitment to the development of PE, sport and competition across their school.
We were assessed against the following criteria
Commitment to a minimum of 2hrs of physical education per week
· Participation in intra-school competitions (within school)
· Participation in inter-school competitions (external competitions)
· Leadership schemes
· Extra-curricular clubs
· Promotion of external providers
· Provision in place to develop ‘Gifted and Talented’ children
· Promotion of results and reports for newsletters/website
· Continued Professional Development of wider school staff to support PE
We are very proud of our award and look forward to another great year full of sport and fun!