It became the statutory duty of schools to set homework from September 1999. We hope that parents see this as beneficial to their child’s education and will support them and the school with homework activities.
St James’ policy is to set homework for all years.
- Extends the time students spend in active learning activities.
- Helps students to develop the independent learning strategies
- Gives students a chance to practice skills at their own pace and extend their learning.
- Encourages independent learning.
- Consolidates and reinforces the skills and understanding of learning activities.
- Engage parents in their child’s learning.
All homework is explained to the children in detail.
Clear instructions and expectations will be given to your child by the teacher.
Aims at Key Stage 1
Our aim is to develop a partnership with parents and carers and involve them in their child’s learning. Homework provided will be short activities of different kinds to support your child’s learning.
Aims at Key Stage 2
As children get older, homework provides an opportunity for children to develop the skills of independent learning. It is important that children gradually get into the habit of organising independent learning activities.